Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fresh Mozzarella and Tomatoes with Balsamic Vinaigrette

This recipe is so simple, I'm not sure it's even legal to call it a recipe.  There is no cooking, baking, sauteing, or blanching involved!  All you need is:

1 fresh ball of mozzarella cheese
2  medium sized tomatoes
3-5 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette (I used Kraft Light Balsamic Vinaigrette)

Slice the cheese and the tomatoes about 1/4 an inch thick and layer them on a plate.  Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette over top, and voila!

The fresh cheese is already a little salty and I'm not a huge fan of pepper so I leave it out, but I know many people would add it.  A little basil sprinkled over the top would make it look even better, but I didn't have any in the house and I didn't miss it.

This is delicious and so so so simple!  When you prepare it a little bit ahead of time, the cheese soaks up the vinaigrette while allowing the cheese to come to room temperature.  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment