Monday, November 29, 2010

Chicken Parmesan

Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite dinner foods and has been for as long as I can remember.  No matter how much my pallet may (or may not) mature, this oldie is always a goodie.  I made this on Sunday before I went back to school after Thanksgiving.  I used:
6 chicken breasts (cut in half so they cook faster)
flour for dredging
seasoned bread crumbs for dredging

extra virgin olive oil (enough to coat the bottom of your pan)
3 eggs
3 tablespoons of water
salt and pepper
your favorite canned tomato sauce
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 thickly slice piece of provolone for each piece of chicken
Preheat oven to 350 F
To make this as easy as possible, I set up 3 shallow bowls next to my pans.  I fill one with flour that i lightly season with salt and pepper.  The next bowl has the eggs and water, whisked together to make an egg wash.  The last bowl has the seasoned breadcrumbs.  Before I start the chicken assembly line I put the oil in my man and medium heat and let it warm up.  
Now that the prep work is done, its go time.  Coat the chicken completely in the flour, then in the egg wash, and then in the bread crumbs.  Cook for about 6 minutes per side and then put in the oven for ten minutes.  Then take out and put a spoonful or two on each piece of chicken and top with the provolone cheese.  But under the broiler until the cheese is golden brown, bubbly, and yummy.  
Serve with pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment